Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sarah's Memory

My favorite moment on the New York/ D.C. trip was in New York at China Town. It was on our free day, my parents took me and a small group, of about 11 people, shopping. First we went to a pizza joint in So Ho, After we ate our hearts out, we walked up and down every street, and stopped in almost every store there was. After we walked through So Ho, we walked to China Town, to buy knock-off bags, of course, right away people started to come up to us and asked us to come with them down these dark alley ways to buy bags, it was kind of creepy. We walked through dark and nasty alleys, they took us into run-down buildings and up two flights of stairs. When we all got to the top they closed a curtain behind us, they took us into a dark room that was hidden behind a wall, and locked the door behind us. When the ladies turned the lights on we were surrounded by hand-bags.
After looking at bags for more than thirty minutes we started to
bargain with the people. They would give us high prices and we would tell them no, then they would yell at us, we were kicked out of one place when my mom and I started fighting with a man over the price of a bag. We went into about twenty places like this, it was so much fun. When we were finished shopping at China Town we walked one block over to Little Italy. My parents and I took the Group to my favorite Italian Restaurant in the World, El Pasitano, it was so good. When we were done eating we went to a few more stores, just for some final shopping, then my dad got a limo to pick us up in Little Italy and drop us off in Central Park, where we got into two carriages and raced through Central Park. After our little race, we went to Time Square and took pictures, then we went to the Hard Rock Cafe and we were there for almost two hours.
This trip was so much fun, and I will remember it for the rest of my
life, I want to thank Mr. Lockwood for making this trip so much fun, and
educational, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home